Sounds good rite? Well we recently found out that dark chocolate can do you more than just mending your broken heart.
Yes, it is considered the ultimate comfort food, a medium of consolation when you feel low, mood stabiliser/enhancer and romance inducer.
But wait… does this mean that dark chocolate is healthy enough to be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
Ladies… do not get happy thoughts. Excess of anything is bad for health but for now let’s just look at the bright side of eating “Dark Chocolate”.
Studies have shown that dark chocolate has some serious health benefits. So what makes it a super food? What is that one ingredient that works like magic?
It’s called the “CACAO” or “COCO”. What looks like a little bean can cure what may seem otherwise incurable. It is filled with flavonoids and theobromine which has disease fighting agents.
Mary Engler, Ph.D professor of physiological nursing at the University of California at San Francisco says – Stick to healthy chocolate with at least 70% cacao. Limit yourself to 7 ounces, about four dark chocolate bars a week to gain best results.
A 100 gram bar of dark chocolate with 70-85% coco contains – 11grams of fiber, 67% of the RDA for iron, 58% of the RDA for magnesium, 89% of the RDA for copper, 98% of the RDA for manganese.
Now let’s talk about the kind of benefits –
1. Healthy heart – It reduces the risk of heart failure. Hence cardiovascular benefits.
2. Maintains bloody sugar – It helps in keeping the blood vessels healthy ad circulation unimpaired to protect against type 2 diabetes.
3. Reduces weight – Alarmed? Studies have shown that dark chocolate reduces craving for food because it is very filling.
4. Stress buster – Ask any woman who is stressed. Her first choice of releasing her stress would be dark chocolate. Especially when you are heartbroken. (wink)
5. Sun block – Dark chocolate contains flavonoids which helps your skin in resisting sun rays.
So there you go. Now you have all the reasons to invest and indulge in dark chocolate fantasies.
You can thank us later.
Visit – http://www.soucika.com